Every year, redpepper donates 24 hours of marketing services to deserving nonprofits in Middle Tennessee. We do whatever it takes to stay up all night (caffeine, air horns, impromptu dance breaks) and use our agency brains and skills to create work that helps local nonprofits reach their goals. Free of charge.
Logos, ad campaigns, websites, videos—if they need it, we’ll do it. With 14 years and over $1 million in donated services behind us, we’re eagerly looking forward to this year’s event. Here's all you need to know:
October 26, 2021: Update
It's time to announce our CreateAthon 2021 partners! Before we get to the drumroll, we first want to express how grateful we are for the 30+ organizations that applied this year. The work these nonprofits do in our community is unmatched, and this process is always bittersweet for us knowing we can't work with every single one.
After reviewing the apps, conducting interviews, and holding a company-wide vote, we've officially solidified 3 partners for this year's event. Okay, cue the drumroll. 🥁🥁🥁 This year, we will be working with Nashville International Center for Empowerment, Amelia's Closet, and a brand new fellowship program being launched by our friends and partners at The Courage Collective.
While we prepare for the big day, you can read up on each of these nonprofits:
Nashville International Center for Empowerment (NICE)
- NICE’s mission is to ensure refugees and immigrants achieve their full potential now and for generations to come. They work to empower refugees and immigrants by providing: vibrant leadership, strong community relationships, sustainable service programs, a respectful resource center, and robust partnerships in Middle Tennessee and across the country. The United States is currently in the midst of a historic effort to resettle over 50k Afghan evacuees. Nashville is welcoming over 300 Afghans in the coming months, with NICE resettling half of those to our city.
- We will be helping them by creating various forms of digital, visual, and written marketing materials.
- Amelia's Closet has a mission to provide professional apparel & hope to deserving women as they open the employment door. They work to give women both business attire and confidence as personal appearance is a main factor in hiring decisions. It has been documented that gainful employment helps empower women that are otherwise vulnerable to poverty, homelessness, human trafficking, domestic violence, and criminal activity. Amelia's Closet is helping women feel valued, confident, and hopeful as they soar to new heights.
- We will be helping them by revamping their website, creating promotional materials, and strategizing a communications/marketing plan.
The Fellowship Program:
- Our industry is one of the least diverse and representative industries—and that needs to change. Our friends at The Courage Collective are on a mission to make that change happen in our community by diversifying the internship pipeline for local agencies through a fellowship program for underrepresented students. This fellowship program, which began here at redpepper with two fellows earlier this year, has a goal to grow five-fold in the next year.
- We will be helping to make this happen with branding, website development, and collateral.
September 9th, 2021: Update
Applications are officially closed for this year's event. We're excited to learn more about each of the inspiring organizations that have applied. While you wait to find out who we'll be partnering with, you can take a look back at what we created last year for Aphesis House and Nashville Community Bail Fund—two nonprofits working to dismantle systemic racism and reform the criminal justice system in Middle TN: see the work here.
August 18, 2021: Update
Applications are officially open for CreateAthon 2021, so apply now and beat the September 8 deadline. Have a nonprofit that's near and dear to your heart? Feel free to send us their info or encourage them to apply. We’ll be right over here resting up and stretching our creative muscles.